Monday 22 April 2013

Itty Bitty Titty Committee

I went back to see the lovely GP again this morning, and came home with new antibiotics and prednisolone. She actually gave me the stethoscope to listen to my chest. It was kinda cool, though apparently one's lungs should not make "bubble & squeak" sounds. My cough is still very bad, worse as the day goes on. By the end of the day, I'm breathless, my chest hurts, my muscles cramp every time I cough. Ten more days on meds, and hopefully I'll be feeling better. My mood's been even lower since I've been sick. I can't deal with any of it. The lovely GP told me that some people taking prednisolone experience a "euphoria". Fingers crossed.

While we were walking out, mum mentioned that I'm on the same medication as Billy, my dog. We burst into laughter. He takes prednisolone, is currently on antibiotics... oh, and he has Valium too. Ya know, in case he has an anxiety attack (yes, the vet says he has anxiety). I don't take Valium anymore, though I used to.
Like owner, like dog, right?

Mum went shopping the other day to buy me a new bra. It's turning out to be a surprisingly difficult hunt to find one in my size, which may explain why I only have one that fits in the first place.

This is how the conversation went, at our regular lingerie shop:
Mum: "Could you help me find a bra for my daughter, in size 8A?"
Shop Assistant: "Excuse me?"
M: "Could you help me find a bra in 8A?"
SA: "...what was that size again?"
M: "EightA. An unpadded bra with no wires in size 8A."
SA: "...I don't think we normally have bras in 8A."

Yes, she really had to say it three times. It was a lingerie shop we've shopped at for years. The lady remembered mum, and me, and mum told her that I have Anorexia. Apparently the lady nearly burst into tears. She went to a few other shops, but most didn't stock 8A, and those that did only had underwired/padded ones. I shouldn't find it funny, but I do. Before I developed Anorexia, I wore a 12F bra, and I had trouble finding bras then too. My bust measurement has whittled from 38" down to 26". The bra hunt will continue online, potentially in children's sizes.

I'm off to the dietician tomorrow, and I have no idea what the scales will say. My intake's been mostly the same, around the 800 mark. Except on Friday, I was feeling too ill to stay up and bother eating, so I had a very early night without dinner or supper, and only reached 450 cals.

Thank you to everyone who's been commenting with well wishes. I hope these new meds will help soon, and then I'll have something to say that's not related to appointments/sickness.


xxBella

10 comments:

  1. He he, valium for dogs, I've heard it all now
    Actually my dog Lea could do with some valium
    She is quite highly strung and very nervous
    When I first brought her home as a puppy, she was so afraid that she hid under a bush for the first 2 days
    She is much better now but still quite nervous and insecure

    I'm glad you have a nice GP
    It makes appointments so much easier

    Hope tomorrow goes ok for you

    Stay strong

    Love you dearest x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised by the woman's reaction. I guess she genuinely does care, which is nice. I just never would have expected a reaction that strong.
    The bra thing stinks, I hope you find one soon! Bras that are too big are the worst...
    Is food still stressing you out as much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of anorexia...not!

    Good luck with your dietitian tomorrow and I hope your antibiotics make you feel loads better soon!

    Take care, much love XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee squeak is a funny word.

    I hope you get that euphoria! You definitely deserve a break from how you feel now. <3

    Totally true about the owner-dog thing. My puppy is weird about food and has anxiety and being held or wrapped up in something (puppy jacket, blanket, etc.) helps her feel better. Ahaha. She's also extremely territorial, though I imagine that's normal for dogs. XD

    I hope you feel better <3 Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright! Another honorable member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee! My very busty aunt told me to join that several years ago when I found out I'd only ever reach a B cup (I'm not familiar with Australian sizing but I think its a 14B?).

    Same meds as your dog, huh? That's actually kind of funny :D. I've never heard of dogs being on anxiety meds but I guess they have anxiety as much as we do sometimes! I hope in the next 10 days, whatever is causing all of your sickness, gets well and your mood improves (hey, no one likes feeling down!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for commenting on my last post a while ago. i hope the medicine makes you feel better, wheezing isnt the best feeling. :P good luck at your dieticians and i feel you on the bra dilemma, but at least you know your size. my boobs wont stay the same damn size for longer than two minutes. haha.

    stay lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, the bra story is funny but not at the same time.
    I like what you wrote in your comment on my last post: "When I'm trying to convince myself things are okay, that's when I know they really aren't." That rings so true to me.
    Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cat was on that medicine too :) I do hope that it helps you feel better. And hey! You should definitely get back into the seamstress thing. Even knitting or crocheting. I've found it to be quite relaxing and meditative. Also, have you seen the movie "Itty Bitty Titty Committee"? It's actually one of my favorites. I believe it's on Netflix right now :) Anyways, Bella, I really do hope you start feeling better. I've really appreciated all your sweet comments and your blog :) (I also just realized that I wasn't following you through my new blog, so I will start doing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella... i haved read most of your blog in 3 days and i love it, you're one of the greastest thinspo i have ever seen, i love your bones and hips, its a pleasure to read you, maybe we can talk my mail is gabylife94@hotmail.com... Im mexicain so i dont speak and write very well english but im trying ;) my best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed a little at the convo your mom had--funny though because I'm a 12B right now(:
    I hope you can find one... maybe you could try online? Good luck

    ReplyDelete