Tuesday 9 April 2013

Kickin' it up a notch

I've been seeing the dietician for 10 months now. Every Tuesday, first appointment, 8:10am. I'm thinking of getting her an 'anniversary' gift. It's the most appointments I've ever had with the same medical professional. It's a miracle that she still puts up with me, but I'd be lost without her support.

My weight stayed the same today, and I sighed in relief that I hadn't gained. My calorie intake's been anywhere between 6-800 each day. I'm cooking family dinners again sometimes, when I have the energy. One night I made Beef Wellington for my mum, and a little veggie & beef stew for me. Another night we defrosted some extra-light lasagna I made a few months back. Then mum helped me prepare chicken in white wine sauce with garlic mashed potatoes. It's a way of justifying the calories, to spend time preparing it. A 'proper' dinner gets my calories to 7-800 a day. Mum also tries to persuade me into, what I'd consider, indulgent snacks, at least once a day at the moment. Sometimes it works, and I succumb to an extra hundred calories or so.

Honestly, I feel frantic when my calories start to reach 800, and I've been desperately trying to keep them under. My breakfast (wholemeal toast, nonfat yoghurt) and lunch (two apples) haven't changed a single day. Both come to around 100 calories each, and I don't really want to change then right now. The dietician has asked me to make at least one snack, ideally both, a bit larger, which will boost my daily calories closer to 900-1,000. Too much. Far too much. I doubt I'll eat that much every day. I don't want to.

In other news, I've been feeling awful for a few days now. The past two mornings I've woken up in a sweat, and have thrown up my morning coffees within 5 minutes of finishing them. What a great way to start the morning. I'm running a fever, chilly all the time, to the point of having goosebumps while sweating. Little-to-no sleep. Headache from hell. Mum's been asking me to consider seeing a doctor, and I am, but I keep saying "I'll see how it goes". I have an appointment in a week, and I still need to get a blood test. I'll be fine until then.

That said, I'm going to ask the lovely GP for fortnightly appointments. The dietician has been pushing me to see her more often, and has several things she wants me to get checked out as soon as possible. Not to mention that I literally have a list of health concerns to get through, and I'm not making a dint seeing her monthly.

Tonight I'm making wholemeal pizzas with low-fat toppings as a treat for my family and I. Apparently they're a new favorite with all of us. Skipping the wine this week, as I feel too ill. Just Coke Zero and plenty of water for me.


xxBella

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you agreed to come over and cook for me! :P it all sounds great!

    Aw love I hope you feel better! It's no fun being sick.
    I hope the Dr goes well and don't worry. Your body uses all those calories!

    Love love love you dear! Big get well hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like great ideas!
    Even if you don't up your calories every single day you could up them one or two days. It would be hard but not impossible.
    And seeing a doctor often is always a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I am glad you didn't lose this week sweetheart
    You really can't afford to
    I feel like a hypocrite saying this because I know exactly the feelings around weight gain and loss

    Please stay safe
    Maybe you should visit your doctor if symptoms persist
    You know I only want the best for you
    You are a dear friend and I worry for you so

    Thinking of you today x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I cooked my family more dinners. You've inspired me :)
    I really hope you're okay! D: Please consider going to the doctor if the throwing up and sweats continue.
    Much love and care <3
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you see a doctor soon, hun. Do you think you could possibly up the calories every 2 days? Or every 3? Baby steps.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justifying calories by preparing the food- genius approach. I feel more comfortable and accomplished when I make something. Sadly at uni, I barely make anything, it sucks. Good luck with increasing your snacks. I hope you feel better, that shaky-cold-sweats-headache-no energy feeling is terrible. Love you hon, try to rest and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really sweet of you to want to get your dietician something! It would be lovely if you could make her something so show her how much she has helped you (homemade gifts seem to mean more). You seem awesome in the kitchen- whipping up lasagna and beef stew- I bet your food tastes awesome (because when I try to cook something no one in the house eats it but me!). I hope you start feeling better though- no one really wants to have to go to the doctor so I hope whatever it is that's making you feel awful goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey sweetie, I hope that it's nothing too serious and you feel better soon <3
    My bf and I make our own pizzas too, because I don't eat cheese anymore... He says they are better than the ones from the pizza shop, but he puts cheese on his!
    Good luck with your intake this week, I agree the above ideas of perhaps trying to have a higher day every second day? Take care love.
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you didn't lose this week. But I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so unwell. Here's hoping you feel loads better soon! Take care! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's scary! Please be careful and take care of yourself... Go to the doctor more often and get your medical problems sorted out? You're really scaring me...

    I hope you're okay...

    You're so inspirational to me (not in a bad way, don't worry!) and I really don't want to see anything bad happen to you T_T

    Keep us updated <3

    ReplyDelete