Friday 14 December 2012

It's been raining all morning. It's lovely, and so calming, especially after a few days of 30+ degree heat.

It was far too hot yesterday to make soup, so I tried some new multigrain thin rice cakes for lunch (so yummy!). Today, I've just made up a batch of noodle soup (filini soup noodles, carrot, peas, parsnip, onion, garlic, stock, pepper, parsley & rosemary) which smells divine. A beautifully safe 105 calories, if I do say so myself.

I'm weighing everything now and have been for a couple of months, nothing is being measured by volume. Herbs and spices, pepper, the cinnamon in my oatmeal, are all being weighed in my little pill cups. Obviously they don't contribute huge amounts of calories, but that's not the point. I'm completely obsessed with precision. It's also much easier to measure things like water (for oatmeal) by weight too, I've learnt.

I'm currently resisting the urge to buy a fourth set of kitchen scales. I have one set of scales that measure in 1g, up to 5kg. I also have two sets of scales that measure to 0.1g, but only have a 250g capacity. I used to have some that measured to 0.01g, very precise, though they broke about a year ago. I'm considering buying another super-precise set, but that could lead to trouble.

Today is my third day under 600. I'm going to be mad if I don't lose weight this week. I'm eating only trace amounts of protein & fat, to make my essential carbohydrates more bearable. I'm avoiding hypoglycemia by the skin of my teeth, but at least I'm avoiding it.

Thank you to everyone who've left me such wonderful comments in the past couple of weeks. You ladies mean the world to me <3

xxBella



4 comments:

  1. Your soup looks so yummy :) I have a few soups planned for next week as well. Soup is one of the healthiest safest foods ever!
    I wish I had even one set of kitchen scales lol. I hope you're doing ok Bella, please take care of yourself. And thanks so much for your comment <3
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the need to control
    I swing from being super controlling to being way out of control

    Your food looks great
    I know you said once that you would like to do something in nutrition
    I think you would be amazing

    Lots of love

    Please stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bella Boo and Bunny Boo, sorry I have been absent for a few days, I seem to be going into meltdown. But I love you I love you I love you I love you and I really really hope you are okay xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hy that soup looks yummy :) the one i make at home is watery bcz i dnt know for sure how many calories corn starch adds to the soup,,i would really appreciate it if you could tell me how to thicken that soup,,love poppy :)

    ReplyDelete