Tuesday 16 October 2012

Goodbye, calf muscle




My calves have definitely atrophied after a month of bed rest.

My left calf does still bulge when I flex it, but it's minimal, and it's like the bulge is moving further up towards my knee. You can't tell unless I flex, which is what I wanted. Unfortunately, it's not like I'm about to start running again tomorrow, which isn't what I wanted. I miss running so much. But at the moment my heart rate is still sitting at 140+ resting (it was in the 80s resting when I last ran), and I'm not feeling too strong right now. Either way, I think a lot of the reason I've lost weight this past month is due to muscle wastage in my legs/bed rest. My thighs have gone down a little too, but they weren't muscular to begin with.

It was also a nice sunny day the other day, so I put on shoes and took photos. 
Probably the most energetic I've been all month.


7 comments:

  1. wow I wish I had your legs, btw I was wondering why is your heart rate on the high side? Mine usually goes below 60. I'm just curious if you knew like what determies that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why - bradycardia (less than 60 beats) is more common with EDs, but I have tachycardia (over 100 beats). All I know is that it means my heart is having trouble pumping everything around, so it has to beat faster to try to make up for it. But yeah, not sure why exactly - no one ever really explained it to me. Take care, thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. I hate my calves, its a struggle with walking. compulsion to walk, hatred for muscle. but they need to go, when i was in hospital restricting and not walking they went down too. just need to get motivation bk. i hate being tachy, bless you having it all the time. Love you bella boo, im always reading your posts too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have tiny tiny legs sweetheart, do be careful. You're beautiful so take care of yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can u help actually - my hypoglycemia is all over the place. ur right the glucose tablets made it worse. apples kind of help but nt if im in my antifood mood. how much carb helps you stabilise yours in fluid form? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need at least 120g carb - regardless of how I get it. Any less than that and I'm likely to hypo. Love you, stay safe. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bella :-) I hate the nausea and the light headedness but i cant seem to fix it so ill aim for that and see if it helps xxx

      Delete