Sunday 5 August 2012

Burn, baby, burn!

Hey guys! I've been having a fantabulous week. Very productive and very active. Today's Sunday, so I plan on spending it curled up in my armchair on the back porch for the most part. I've earned it! I've been attempting a bit of an insane challenge this week. I like to have a negative 'net' intake, but it's harder to achieve every day with my intake going up and my energy crashing down. This week, I wanted to really push myself and see if I could match my burn and intake over a whole week. The goal is 7,000 (1,000/day). FYI, my 'week' starts on Tuesday when I get weighed by my dietician.

Day - Intake- Burn
Tue: 1,386, 259 burnt (This is my 'cheat' day, as it's the furthest away from when I get weighed again. I average to 1,000 over the course of the week)
Wed: 894, 1,500 burnt
Thu: 871, 1,700 burnt
Fri: 898, 1,131 burnt
Sat: 1,000, 1,480 burnt

Total burn: 6,070 calories

I honestly didn't think I could do it, hence I didn't announce it. I just don't run that much anymore (usually 3-4 hrs a week), but I'm so close, I can taste it. I'm not running today, but I will be tomorrow (Monday) before my weigh-in on Tuesday. I will easily have burnt 7,000 calories over the week by the time Monday night gets here.

I've been loving running this week, hence I've run more than I did in the three weeks prior. I love the endurance (I only run once a day now, and have for a month or two, but it's a lot longer), and I love to do it every morning to get my day off to a flying start, so it has really been quite effortless. I just really love running, and I never want to quit.

The muscle I've built in my calves in the last 6 months since I've been maintaining my weight (unintentionally at first - boo) really helps me to run better, harder, and longer. Yes, my legs don't look quite as stick-like as they used to, but they are completely firm (between bone/tendon/muscle), and the only noticeably big muscles are my calves - my thighs are smaller than they were and a lot firmer, though they have a small 'soft spot' right up the top from loose skin. But my calf muscles help power me through 90 minute runs, give me more strength to stand and walk, and can kick pretty damn hard too. I still wish they were sticks again, but I guess there is a silver lining. No matter what I try (I even didn't eat any protein for 3-4 months) they are not going to disappear. As long as I'm a runner, I will have the calves of a runner (though they aren't huge/bulky/bulging - there's pics a few weeks back posted I think).

I hope you're all doing well. I'll post either Monday when I complete my challenge, or probably just on Tuesday after my weigh-in.

xxBella

No comments:

Post a Comment