- One slice of Four Seed toast, with Weight Watchers Canola Spread and Vegemite
- 20g Weight Wise oats, cooked in water, with cinnamon and Stevia
- Diced Golden Delicious apple OR Frozen Strawberry Yoghurt (I've only started adding it this week, hence its not in the pictures)
- 2-4 cups black coffee
- Fruit salad made of;
- Oolong tea
- Cheese & salad sandwich made with;
- Two slices of Four Seed bread
- Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- Kraft 97% Fat Free cheese single
- Shredded carrot
- Iceberg lettuce
- Kirk's Sugar-Free Lemonade
- Yoplait Forme No-Fat French Vanilla yoghurt tub
- 97% fat free wholemeal English Muffin, toasted, with reduced-sugar strawberry jam
- Black coffee
- Rice cooked with onion, carrots, green beans, peas, sweetcorn and teriyaki sauce (I also like to add egg whites and/or garlic if I'm feeling comfortable to)
- Kirk's Sugar-Free Lemonade
- No Sugar Added vanilla ice cream with caramel topping (or a Skinny Cow sundae if I feel like a treat)
Obviously, I'm trying to work in family meals, but that's kinda hard. I can't eat it if I haven't cooked it, weighed everything, and know exactly what's in it, so I'm trying to come up with my own 'safer' versions. Here's two that I've done in the last week.
- Thinly sliced rump steak in brown onion gravy, with instant mashed potatoes (I ate mash so much in hospital, and rarely at home, so I actually prefer instant and hate 'real' mash), steamed green beans & carrots
- Macaroni with a tomato sauce and parmesan cheese
This usually comes out around 900-950 calories, and I only eat more than 250cal in a sitting at dinner - and that's because I count dessert as part of dinner. I still weigh and measure absolutely everything, and that's not going anywhere fast. I do have different foods on Tuesdays, because I feel like I need to give myself permission to have unsafe foods once a week. Not even fear foods, just being able to eat the same food as my family and not measure everything (I even cook my pasta separately...) I'm trying to get more fruit & dairy in, because I'm craving them, but I get a pretty balanced diet and a good variety/amount of nutrients for under 1,000. I've actually been making really yummy, clean family dinners on Tuesdays (last week we had roast lamb leg!), though I do like making a little batch of cakes or something for afternoon tea. There is no shortage of food porn appearing on my Facebook on Tuesdays (maybe since I posted a picture of a cake, my friends all think I'm magically better, hence all the compliments on how good/healthy I look?). Apart from Tuesdays, though, the above is pretty much a set-in-stone meal plan for Wednesday-Monday.
Anyway, I just felt like sharing what I'm eating these days :) Also felt like throwing in a random picture of me, so apologies if your eyes need a good scrub. Sorry for such a long post!