Saturday 9 June 2012

Shirataki - woooo!

I've been craving pasta like no tomorrow lately. I haven't had any in nearly two months because it makes me bloat (last time my waist bloated 4" in a few bites!). Gluten-free pasta may be an option, but it's not the same. If it's not the same, I might as well eat Shirataki, and at least avoid the calories.

I made some insanely low-cal Shirataki Bolognese for lunch. Normally, I keep it for stir-fries because the texture doesn't seem pasta-like enough. I tried a new brand today that I've had in the fridge for months - SlimPasta. The angel hair is normal Shirataki, though the spaghetti has small amounts of oatmeal & soybean flour. It's still mostly konjac (and therefore still minimal calories), but the texture is much better! So I whipped up some sauce with tinned tomatoes, stock, onion, garlic & spices. Wasn't half bad! The more textures you have, though, the less you notice the Shirataki texture.

I didn't eat it all because I wasn't overly hungry, but it cured my pasta craving! :D

On track for a perfect <200 day :)

xxBella

No comments:

Post a Comment