Friday 1 June 2012

Recipe: Chicken Noodle Soup (58 cal a cup!)

For the first day of Winter, I thought it'd be nice to share one of my soup recipes! I created this one when my mum & I had colds and chest infections earlier this year. This is a very filling, very noodley soup! I normally water 1/3 cup down to a 1/2 cup serve.

Please note, I do most things in weights, but attempt to convert to volume for simplicity's sake.

Chicken Noodle Soup


Makes 2 cups. 58 calories a cup.

Ingredients


  • 3/4 medium carrot, diced

  • 1/2 cup diced parsnip

  • 1/4 cup diced onion (frozen is handy for onions!)

  • 1/8 cup frozen peas

  • 1 clove garlic

  • 1 vegetable stock cube

  • 1 chicken stock cube

  • 1/8 cup uncooked filini (short, thin pasta - any will do. My filini adds 39 cal to the recipe)

Method


Sauté onion and garlic on water until onion is clear and aromatic. Add the rest of the vegetables, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add water and both stock cubes, and bring it to the boil. I like to let it simmer a good 10-15 minutes, then add the filini pasta, and cook for another 5-10 minutes.

Tip:

If you make it a day early, all the noodles absorb the liquid, and give it a more-noodle-than-soup texture. Feel free to add diced chicken breast to if, too. I just don't particularly eat much protein.


Do try it, and let me know what you think! :)

xxBella

1 comment:

  1. You could use shirataki noodles which are 15 cals for 250g.

    ReplyDelete