Tuesday 12 June 2012

When I grow up, I want to be a doctor

No, seriously. For the last year at least, my only career plans have been that I want to be a doctor (a complete swing from historical reproduction!). My brother's been keeping an eye out for online-based Uni courses for me next year. I used to want to be a nutritionist, but now I'm thinking of internal medicine - like an endocrinologist. I love my endo team in hospital. I sit in bed with my notebook scribbling madly while they talk to me, like I'm taking notes. I spend hours a day reading not about how to lose weight, but how our bodies react to nutrition and what goes on beneath the surface. It's so much deeper than what nutritionists go into. My mum and brother have no idea what I'm on about when I read them my mini-thesis' about fiber absorption or glycogeneogenisis, or whatever I'm learning about today. They both really like the idea of me studying nutrition and/or medicine. They know it's 24/7 in my head, and how much I research and know about it already.

Anyone else who just really wants to be a doctor?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be able to achieve it, it sounds like you already know so much about medicine.
    I'm not scientific enough to go into being a doctor myself. I think History or Psychology is the only thing I could ever be good at, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hy i just found out about your blog and started reading it from the beginning so im a bit late to reply but i want you to know that its not impossible :) im doing MBBS and my BMI is in the range of 13.7_14.5 usually,so dont give up on your dreams :) goodluck,,love, poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a first-year med student, just finished the unit on Endo and nutrition last week, sounds like you would've loved it!
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete